Thursday, April 8, 2010

No riding?

I've been here for +4 weeks, but have yet to ride my bike. The weather's been great, the roads are sweet, I've read the inviting posts regarding rides, here all the stories of how perfect the it's been for riding, and have seen all the colorful outfits out on the road.......

Gayle was kind enough to lend me her bike case and FedEx was kind enough to ship my bike here, but the bike packers let me down =:-O (Jerry and me).

As you may know, you have to remove both wheels and the handle bars from the frame in order to fit the bike in the shipping container. Done. But where did 3 of the 4 bolts for the stem go? Not in the bike case. No where to be found. And might I add, not an easy pick-up at the local hardware store or bike shop.

Well, after hunting for a few weeks I found bolts at http://www.competitivecyclist.com/, same place I purchased the bike.

Moral of the story, don't enjoy big beers with good friends and then pack the bike.

1 comment:

  1. I feel partially responsible. I think I need a beer. :)

    ReplyDelete