Monday, April 19, 2010

Absolutely Beautiful Week-End In Memphis

This past week-end was absolutely wonderful, for so many reasons.

After three weeks apart I was finally reunited with my long lost husband. And depending on which one of us you ask, we’ve either been married for 7 or 8 years (7 years is correct though) and it is still wonderful to be with him. He’s my best friend and husband all rolled up in one. We've started a new tradition since I’ve been working out east (yes clean fun), I’ve been home three times and each time he’s picked me up at the airport then we go out for a large/big beer and chips & salsa. It’s actually a lot of fun and a great way to catch up and unwind before heading home.

Then of course the week-end was filled with Joy and Jeremy and their wonderful wedding. I don’t have any pics to show you, but I know for sure that both Laura @ http://gilmourgirlgoesmemphis.blogspot.com/ and Damie @ http://damieroberts.blogspot.com/ and more than likely Joy will too….. http://joyjohnson.blogspot.com/. You’ll have to check them out. The wedding was absolutely beautiful, Joy wore an off white long beautiful strapless gown and carried a bouquet of bright wide opened yellow tulips; she looked stunning and could have modeled that gown in a magazine. The bride’s maid’s dresses were periwinkle and we carried bouquets of mixed yellow and green. While the guys wore dark grey pinstriped suits with periwinkle ties with a touch of yellow floral. It just all went so beautifully together. The wedding was held outside in a courtyard with a waterfall and full bloomed pink and white azaleas, a picture perfect setting.

I felt totally honored to be in their wedding, proud as a peacock :) . Joy is a wonderful person and she married a great guy. It makes my heart smile just knowing that they will be so happy together for a very long time...

2 comments:

  1. Nancy! It was so good to see you this weekend! I loved our dresses too. And I thought Joy was the most beautiful bride. :) Now she'll know where to go for marriage advice for at least 7 or 8 years. ;)

    When are you back in town? We'll have to ACTUALLY meet for our run. I will wait at least 6 minutes next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy! You need to write for bridal magazines, you described everything so beautifully! I'm so so glad you were there!!

    And I do need all your best marital advice :)

    What a great weekend. I was almost sad it was over so soon!

    ReplyDelete