Thursday, May 13, 2010

Swim time

I'm anxiously waiting for the work day to end so I can race out of here to swim. I found a local pool, but the lap swim hours are a little limiting. Therefore, on Tue/Thur/Fri I try to wind up my work activities by 5:40 so I can swim for an hour at the local Civic Center. The pool has seven lanes and surprisingly it gets pretty crowded, though I have yet to share a lane. However, I'm sure once I shave my legs, wear that pink bikini or brush my teeth I'll get more offers. So...

The pool website states the pool temp is 81', yet I beg to differ. The water temp is always the same, cold. I sit on the side of the pool and will myself to get in. Luckly the lack of swim minutes on my side gives me a push in and the cold water keeps me moving.

I don't have any swim gear with me (yes I have a swimsuit), the gear's still in Memphis, hopefully being used by Jerry and/or Suzi and Pierre. So swimming laps is just that. I usually just swim continuous laps until the lifeguard tags me on the foot and tells me I have to get out, because there's little fishy lessons.

I should have mentioned sooner, but I have to give a plug to the lady manning the front desk. It's $3 each time I swim, which is another motivated to get the most swim for my buck. You would think she would be happy/polite/smile or anything positive when I hand her my $$, but I have yet to get it out of her. I'm wondering, should I really piss her off and pay her in pennies or just keep being really nice to her and try to kill her with kindness? The jury is still out, though there is an expiration date on the kindness container.

4 comments:

  1. Nanzes back!

    Remember that day we swam at the Y when the pool was only 80 degrees? It is cold, especially when you are use to 84!!

    And you'll have to clue me in on how to kill others with kindness. I'm going to need it this weekend with this nightmare bridal party my bride-to-be friend has dreamed up! NOTHING like our awesomeness at Joy's wedding!! At least I have one gal who is my friend there!! :)

    Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should pay her in pennies while profusely apologizing, so you appear to be kind while really antagonizing her. :)

    Passive aggressive anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it, I can play that part to a T. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahh haaaa!!! okay, first of all- cold = perfect!!! I am jealous!! 2ndly, there is a front desk person on certain days at Quince- SAME WAY!!! I just thought to myself the other day- do I kill her with kindness or just be grumpy back? I still can't decide....

    ReplyDelete